Head Fitness Coach
Mike is the Head Coach and co-owner at Sailing Performance Training. Mike has helped hundreds of athletes in youth, professional, and Olympic sailing achieve their highest level of performance using SPT’s remote training platform and cutting-edge methods. Mike’s extensive experience as a professional and Olympic level athlete turned performance coach is what makes his experience and coaching so valuable.
Mike has been involved in a variety of coaching roles at Lake Geneva Sailing School, St. Mary’s College of Maryland, and the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup. Mike currently serves as the primary strength and conditioning coach for the U.S. Olympic Sailing Team. He also advises for the U.S. Olympic Development Program and the United States National Opti Team to assess sailing athlete long term physical development.
As a competitive sailor, Mike holds national and world titles. Throughout his sailing career, he has been a college sailing crew, Olympic campaigner, and professional sailor. Mike often relates his experiences with his athlete’s journey offering a wealth of knowledge on physical, logistical, and mental challenges that sailing provides.
- Melges 32 World Champion – 2014
- Melges 32 National Champion – 2015
- GC32 – Around Jamestown Island Speed Record Holder – 2014
- St. Mary’s College Sailing Fleet Race National Champion – 2009
- St. Mary’s College Sailing Team Race National Champion – 2008
Mike has competed in the following sailing classes
- Youth Classes (420, Laser, 29er)
- Olympic Classes (Tornado, 49er)
- High-Performance Professional Classes (Melges 20/24/32, M32, GC32)